Airborne Assault - an appeal to reason

Airborne Assault - an appeal to reason

Postby Keef » 08 Aug 2017

Hi Piers and Warwick,

As a bona fide purchaser of the Tobruk supplement, could I appeal to you to make the airborne assault rules available to all interested Battlegroup players? Maybe a free download or whatever suits? These rules don't only apply to Crete - they could be used in Normandy, Holland 1940, etc, etc...

I won't gain from this as I already have the supplement, and I doubt putting these rules out will lose you many sales.

Thanks for listening.

Keith.
Keef
Vargas

Re: Airborne Assault - an appeal to reason

Postby Piers » 08 Aug 2017

We may well do a slightly less destructive version... and put them in a Dispatches.

Those in the Tobruk are very much themed for the debacle on Crete.
 ‘Landed. Killed Germans. F***ed off.’ - Major Anders Lassen's operational report to the Admiralty.
'...its not a realistic expectation, that you can use a tank as a sort of big 'fruit-squashing' machine' - Woz
Piers
Dominic Greene

Medals: 42
Capt Campaigner (1) Cav Campaigner (1) Arty 1st place (1) Comm 2nd place (1) Sur1 campaigner (1) Afloat Campaigner (1)
England Campaigner (1) Flak Campaigner (1) Comms Campaigner (1) Armour 3rd place (1) Terrain2 1st place (1) fortified 1st place (1)
Recce 2nd place (1) Engineer 3rd place (1) Leader Campaigner (1) Casualty 1st place (1) Female Campaigner (1) Sniper Campaigner (1)
40mm 2nd place (1) Wings Campaigner (1) POW Campaigner (1) Truck Campaigner (1) 30mm 1st place (1) Red Campaigner (1)
Green 1st place (1) AntiTank Campaigner (1) Easter14 2nd place (1) 60mm 2nd place (1) Lib Minis 1st (1) Terrain Campaigner (1)
Brit Minis 2nd place (1) Scen1 Campaigner (1) Big Game 2010 (1) 2010 Build (1) 2011 Build (1) 2012 Build (1)
2013 Build 3rd place (1) xmas15 2nd place (1) xmas14 campaigner (1) 2014 build 3rd place (1) 2015 build 2nd place (1) 2016 build 2nd place (1)

Postby Keef » 11 Aug 2017

Ah, Dispatches. Editions 1 and 2 seem to have disappeared off the internet.

I'm not sure the rules as presented are overly destructive for other theatres. Genuinely opposed airborne landings were always costly. But I've yet to play the rules, so I'd better reserve judgement..
Keef
Vargas

Postby NTM » 11 Aug 2017

They're in the files section of the Battlegroup Facebook page pending the new Ironfist website becoming available.
NTM
Largo

Medals: 8
30mm Campaigner (1) Red Campaigner (1) Green Campaigner (1) 60mm campaigner (1) 2013 Build (1) xmas15 campaigner (1)
xmas14 campaigner (1) easter15 campaigner (1)

Postby Steve J » 11 Aug 2017

Not much use to me as I don't do Facebook, but then I'm in a minority to be sure.
Steve J
Rosa Klebb

Postby wolflord » 12 Aug 2017

Nope, you are not. But you can drop me an PM with your E-Mail and i can send you the PDF's.

Greetings
Wolflord
“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”
Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant
wolflord
Mr Kidd

Postby z1pp132002 » 13 Aug 2017

Steven I don't do the Facebook thing either.
z1pp132002
Nick Nack

Return to Battlegroup Discussion